Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm a Man of Means By No Means

Since moving into my studio, I haven't had much time to settle into it. It doesn't feel like home yet. But it's nice to have my own space and my own things around me.

The stress sets in whenever I'm here, as it becomes more and more evident that if I don't find a job very, very soon, I won't be in this place longer than a month and then I'll have an eviction on my record and will never be able to find another apartment again. It goes without saying that I haven't been getting much sleep.

I'm doing everything I can to stay positive and work as hard as possible to fix my situation. I've been devoting all my time to walking around my neighborhood and the bordering ones, just applying everywhere I can think of.

I applied for unemployment as well, and got a call from them today. They were just trying to clarify some information so I didn't get a sense of whether I'm going to qualify for benefits, but it's a good sign, I think.

I don't know where I'm going to be in a month, but that's part of the adventure, right?

Right?

2 comments:

  1. don't loose sleep. do your best and forget the rest. you are still young ~ there is plenty of time to forget! :)

    there has to be a job somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there has to be a job somewhere!! :) Don't let the stress set in just yet, keep on applying for jobs EVERYWHERE! Even if the job isn't ideal, as long as it brings in money for the time being that's great! And then you'll have the luxury of taking your time to find a better one. :) Just apply for every vacancy you find! :) Good luck I said you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete