Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It Goes Like This, The Fourth, The Fifth, The Minor Fall and the Major Lift

So, the not having a job is bad and that situation hasn't improved. But as I've said, it would be much easier to fix if I had a roof over my head and access to my clothes and a shower and whatnot.

Which is why I'm ecstatic to announce that ten minutes ago, I was approved to move into a tiny studio in Uptown, which will provide me with all those things. I move in tomorrow. Thank goodness.

So now, it's just a matter of getting myself into the apartment, unloading my stuff from my car, and beginning to set up my life. Once that's done, probably tomorrow or the next day, then I get to spend every waking moment searching for a job. And if I get one by next month, all my worries will be gone. All the big ones, anyway.

Right now, it's 77 degrees outside with 84% humidity, and it's raining. I still don't understand the weather, but I love it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to comment, darlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. The previous comment was a test. I went down to the Apple store and a fella show me what I was doing wrong. Turns out it was my AIM crap. Not me. So I am trying again, only from home. I am soooo happy you will have a place tomorrow. Give me your address immediately! I will send you things. The weather sounds great! MY KIND OF WEATHER! I love you. Big hugs, my darlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know the address too! I like mail! :) Good luck getting settled in the new place!

    ReplyDelete